General Health & Safety Policy
It is our policy to ensure, so far as is practicable, the safety of all employees and any other persons who may be directly affected by the activities of the Company.
CGL will, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- Aim to achieve compliance with legal requirements through good occupational health and safety performance.
- Provide adequate resources to implement this policy.
- Establish and maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
- Ensure that significant risks arising from work activities under our control are eliminated or adequately controlled.
- Develop and implement appropriate occupational health and safety procedures, and safe working practices.
- Include the management of health and safety as a specific responsibility of managers at all levels.
- Ensure this policy is understood and implemented throughout the organisation.
- Involve employees in health and safety decisions through consultation and co-operation.
- Maintain workplaces under our control in a condition that is safe and without risk to health.
- Regularly review compliance with the policy and the management system that support it.
- Provide sufficient information, instruction and supervision to enable all employees to avoid hazards and contribute to their own health and safety at work.
- Ensure that employees receive appropriate training and are competent to carry out their designated responsibilities.
We also operate a full environmental management policy and procedure which is available on request.